The screen doesn't work

Hi !

(I’m French, so forgive me if I make some mistakes)

When I finished to assemble my makerbuino (which is, by the way, an amazing idea !!!), it worked. I played with it during a long time and everything was fine. But the next day when I wanted to turn on, the screen displayed nothing, there were only the backlight and the sound. I tried to reset (with button C) but no changes. I checked my solder but I’m not an expert so I’m not sure. Can you help me ?

Hey @Marine,

Thank you for supporting MAKERbuino and welcome to the forum

I am sorry for the problems that you’re experiencing.

When you interrupt the loading process, the console’s memory will be blank so you have to do a hard reset like this:

1. insert the SD card
  2. turn the console OFF
  3. hold the C button
  4. turn the console ON
  5. release the C button
  6. wait for 30 seconds
    The SD card loader menu should appear.

Are you 100% sure that you followed the steps accordingly? (It is very important that you power-on the console while holding the C button).

Also, did you try to reinsert the SD card a couple of times and blow in your SD socket really hard (this will clean the dust particles in the socket).
After that, try doing the hard reset again and tell us what happens.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Don’t give up!

Hi !

I followed the steps and it worked again but then the screen turn off while I was playing. I did again the process but no changes. Maybe my solders aren’t well made… I don’t know what to do. Any others suggestions ?

I’m out of suggestions, please try to figure something yourself and if nothing works, send is to:
CircuitMess,
Maksimilijana Vrhovca 11,
47000 Karlovac,
Croatia

Send the package as a registered tracked letter using your national post.
You only need to send us the circuit board and the screen (do not send the casing nor the battery to keep the weight down).

Keep me updated on your progress and send me the tracking number via private messages if you decide to send it back to us.
I’ll personally make the console work and send it back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Hello !

I decided to send it back ! You will receive it approximately wednesday. I hope you will find why it doesn’t work.

Think you for your help !

1 Like

@Marine, thanks!

I’ll look into it as soon as it arrives.

Cheers!

@albertgajsak
Thank you so much ! I received it wednesday, it works very well :smiley:
What didn’t work ? It was the screen or my solders ?

Thank you again !!!

Hi @Marine, I’m glad that you’ve received it and that it’s working now.

I don’t precisely recall but I think I had to resolder some joints underneath the screen (on the microcontroller socket).

Anyways, if anything suspicious starts happening again, tell me!

Cheers!
-Albert