The MAKERwatch, beta testers wanted!

Yes please I would love this sooooooo much

1 Like

i would love to test the makerwatch and i would defently buy it
your creations are awsome albert

i dont want to sound despart but i have always wanted to test somthing that is like that

1 Like

Hey, weā€™re currently not looking for beta testers but Iā€™ll have in mind to notify you folks when the time comes :slight_smile:

I know this is an ā€œoldā€ topic, but I am new here and figured I would askā€¦is this still something that is coming in the future? Is it still in the planning/development stages?

If so, Iā€™d propose that perhaps instead of the 7-seg LED display, maybe look at something based on the Hitachi HD44780 or similar LCD controller. This could provide far more versatility for the display while still keeping power requirements fairly low (compared to the screens used in MAKERbuino and Ringo, anyway)ā€¦tho, I canā€™t say exactly how the power usage stacks up side-by-side.

Iā€™ve used these in a few projects (including an 8-bit hardware controller) with great success. LCDs based on this type of controller are super common, cheap, and very easy to program (8-bit, 4-bit, and I2C-able)ā€¦the challenge might be finding one designed small enough for this project, but Iā€™m sure someone is making a version out there that would be suitable.

Hey,

You wouldnā€™t believe but I can tell you that some kind of watch is coming soon from the CircuitMess workshopā€¦ I canā€™t tell much more! :smiley:

Just keep in touch and follow us on the social media, more things are going to be unveiled very soon!

Robert

did this turn into clockster?

You are correct! This did turn into Clockstar, my personal favourite of the STEM box :wink: