Screen Randomly Turns Off

Hi everyone! I completed my MAKERbuino build without a hitch, and everything seemed fine. However, I have found that every time I try to play a game, the display will work for a few seconds and then suddenly go blank. Then, I can still hear sounds that indicate the game hasn’t stopped, but the screen doesn’t ever come back on unless I turn the device off and back on again.

Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do to solve it?

@Darby_Hewitt, this sounds like a contact problem. Please improve the soldering joints on your screen and supply us with some photos of your MAKERbuino’s front and back side.

Thanks for your reply! Here are a few pictures of my board. I did try to reflow the solder on the screen pins, but that didn’t make much difference.

Also, I can sit at the game select screen or play Blocksbuino indefinitely without the screen blanking out, but when I play any other game, the screen blanks after a few seconds.

1 Like

Have you tried to chrage the device overnight or try to carefully reinsert the SD card and restat it by holding the C button for 30 seconds. If it doesn’t work, try resoldering the SD card socket joints. Hope this helps. :grin:

1 Like

@Darby_Hewitt, this doesn’t make sense to me as blocksbuino’s way of communicating with the screen shouldn’t be any different from what other games are doing.

Do try @ante’s advice and update us on your progress