Introductions! and a quick idea

Hi guys,

Name’s Mark, I’m from the UK and I work in the gaming industry as a Server Developer.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi, also, I think it would be really great if you guys could slap an SSL on this bad-boy, there’s a free option using https://letsencrypt.org/ which you should take a look at.

If you need any help getting that setup, just drop me a line, I don’t mean this to sound spammy, but forums with email/password logins should definitely be on HTTPS these days.

Anyway, Hi all! Can’t wait to get my hands on the kit!

Cheers
Sub

can’t wait for my Kit either !

@Sub and @Huntkanu, wow you guys are fast! Thank you for joining the forum that fast! In fact, you’ve joined even before I’ve finished setting it up (how do you like the design and the category list?)

I am really glad that you guys are so excited about receiving your MAKERbuino kits. We are doing our best to deliver the Kickstarter rewards as soon as possible.

@Sub, thank you for the piece of advice. This is the first forum I’ve ever set up in my life so everything is a bit new to me. I’ll discuss the SSL thingy with my colleagues and I’ll definitely contact you if we’ll need some help. Thank you very much for the help!

Hello @Sub
As @albertgajsak stated, SSL is something we will looks into in the VERY near future.

Excellent! Always good to hear! Keep up the good work guys :smiley:

Hey @Sub
I finally had some time on hands, and got around to adding SSL on here.
Thank you for you suggestion.

If you see anything else you think could be optimized, please let me know

Hi @AllGray, that’s great news!

Thanks for taking that into consideration and sorting it out :slight_smile:

If I come up with anything else I’ll be sure to let you know :slight_smile: I just want my experimental maker kit to play with now!! :smiley:

1 Like

In the waiting period, have you though about looking into creating games?
There are some great emulators around which you can play around with?

I like GBSIM personally.

1 Like

I haven’t, but I most definitely will give that a look :smiley:

How do I get my Kickstarter Backer Badge btw?

Tell me that you are a KS backer and i can take care of that for you :wink:
edit: Ninjaed that badge straight on there.

2 Likes

Haha! Nice, thank you very much :slight_smile: I shall wear it with pride

Protip.
You can display that badge next to your name, from your settings panel.
Under title you can choose that badge.

1 Like

Heh, I found that earlier and wondered why it was empty. Have just switched that on, feels all nice and official now.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there. Can I have a backer badge too please? Looking forward to my Buino arriving

Done Deal.
You have that badge now

Thank you. Much appreciated.

i want a badge too!
also looking forward to receiving my kit

1 Like