Erratic contrast [SOLVED]

@Dalemaunder, that is a great question!
The contrast will be constant and at a ā€œstandardā€ ideal level across all new units.
Although this doesnā€™t have anything to do with the MAKERbuino, the MCU will still try sending contrast commands to the LCD, but the new LCDs donā€™t respond to that command because of some reason.
It seems that the Chinese are somehow ā€œlockingā€ the screen at a certain ā€œoptimalā€ contrast level.
Iā€™ve tested this on quite a few units in the past weeks and I am sure the contrast is constant.

Also, about the better screen quality I was talking about:
A great example is @Bl4ckM4ch1n3ā€™s MAKERbuino that is among the first ones that came with the new screen

You can actually compare the screen of his MAKERbuino with the other ones in the topic and see that the screen has the same dimensions but a larger drawing area and its contrast is much better compared to the older screens

1 Like

@Dalemaunder, also, I am still testing every screen personally to ensure that they actually are working well, have no dead pixels and are actually locked at that ā€œidealā€ contrast level

1 Like

I think I might have a similar issue although my screen is blank. The backlight and sound work though.

1 Like

@Cheryl_Court, is the screen completely blank or just very dim? If itā€™s completely blank, then it has nothing to do with the contrast issue.
Please open a new thread or write to contact@makerbuino.com and attach some pictures of your deviceā€™s front and back side without the casing.

Ah, okay, will do. The screen is completely blank other than a couple dark lines around the border. Everything else seems to be working as far as I can tell. Iā€™ll open another thread or send an email, thanks.

1 Like